Minutes – 16th September 2019

COMMITTEE MEETING

16th September 2019  hosted in the Library 20:00PM

Present

Trevor Banks, Steve Bishop, Stephanie Bonfield, Jon Bunkell, Stuart Harris, Duncan Knight, Mark Rawthorn, Nick Smith, Trevor Stevenson, John Webb (Chair)

Apologies

Ruth Rawthorn

Open Forum

In Attendance: None

Previous Minutes

Proposed: Jon Bunkell

Seconded: Stephanie Bonfield

Action Points

  • Website shows different dates for meetings – website updated.
  • Concerns have been raised regarding margins, investigation is needed to see if this is something more pressing. ACTION: Carried forward until family bar is open.
  • Increased card transactions have resulted in low amounts of cash being held; following discussion it was felt appropriate to move staff salaries to BAC’s. In doing so it was acknowledge that there may have to be a transition period. ACTION: MR to investigate.
  • Stocktake undertaken and approx. £1,200 shortfall identified, at this stage it is believed to relate to minerals. ACTION: MR & TB to investigate
  • MR requested that receipts and invoices relating to the bar re-fit are provided asap in order that he may incorporate in the next VAT Return. ACTION: JB
  • The possibility of reintroducing SKY Sports was discussed, with an initial contract being undertaken for half a season to establish if takings would substantially increase to cover cost. It was agreed that more investigation into this would be undertaken once the family bar is open.  ACTION: To be discussed at November meeting.

Entertainments

  • The hall has been double booked on 26OCT for the Library Annual Quiz and Band-e-oke. TS advised that for the past 2 years the quiz has attracted 16-17 teams of 6 people.  It was therefore agreed that the Band-e-oke should be rearranged or cancelled.
  • Wine tasting: ACTION: Discuss with Ollie at next week’s meeting with Greene King.
  • Following further investigation it was agreed that the possibility of a magician act would not be progressed.
  • Open Mic – It was agreed that it would not be appropriate to run these events until both bars are open. It was felt that the most appropriate night would be the 1st Thursday of the month. ACTION: TS/JW/JB Complete investigation of equipment requirements and advertising.
  • The possibility of a New Year’s Eve event was discussed. Last year there was a private hire and this had been requested again.  However, it was agreed that we should hold a ticketed Family New Year Party, with free admission, allowing us to publicise the refurbished Family Bar. ACTION: To be discussed further at the next meeting.

Bar

  • Spirit measures need to be addressed - investigations complete and issue resolved.
  • Work is on schedule for the Family Bar to be reopened at end-SEPT, with the new bar hopefully being fitted next week. Carpet quotations have been reviewed and fitting is now being undertaken by Leroy.
    • New furniture for the bar is being looked at. ACTION: JB to share details.
    • It was agreed that we should try and sell the old furniture. JW agreed to try and clean it and then provide photos to TS for advertising on Facebook.  ACTION: JW/TS
  • Cashless Card System – Discussed and agreed that this matter should be carried forward for further discussion in the New Year. In the meantime CRS will be asked if they are able to provide a similar system when RR contacts them regarding a 2nd till for the Family Bar.  ACTION: RR
  • It was reported that a holiday request form had been introduced without causing any issues.

Trust Report

  • SH advised that the new Playfield Car Park is open, although signposts still need to be installed.
  • An update was given regarding the current position of the Village Hub.

Any Other Business

None

Close

The meeting closed at 21:20

Date of next meeting

15th October 2019 at 20:00pm