The Community Association and what we are about…
The Community Association is responsible for arranging and promoting the vast majority of social events within the village throughout the year. This includes Funday, Bonfire Night, New Year’s Eve Party, the Christmas collection, Children’s Christmas Party, various other social events such as live music, quiz nights and karaoke.
The profits generated from these events are passed to the Community Trust which is responsible for the upkeep of the village and its facilities, including litter picking, the playing field and play areas, and the Village Hall complex. Through your support and the efforts of the Association Committee, we were able to donate in the region of £30,000 to the Community Trust to assist with the expenses of running the village last year.
These costs would need to be met even if the Community Association didn’t exist, and, but for the fund raising efforts of the Association, the cost would need to be met by other means. Almost certainly this would result in an increase in your Parish Council tax.
We believe in the importance of community spirit, and that it is much more beneficial for you and your families to help meet these costs by supporting the Community Association events rather than being forced to pay increased Parish Council tax. You don’t have to participate in every event but your support is greatly appreciated and you should have some fun in the participating!
Membership Fees from January 2018
Single/OAP - £8.00
Family - £12.00
Life membership - single £120 (or 4 monthly payments of £30)
Life membership - family/couple £180 (or 4 monthly payments of £45)
- Membership cards must be available for inspection when attending the village bar.
- The association premises are a family facility and as such members shall conduct themselves with deference to other users. Bad language offends and shall be refrained from at all times.
- Adults are responsible for the behaviour of their children at all times within the Village Hall complex.
- People under the age of 16 are not allowed in to the village bar unaccompanied by an adult.
- Members must ensure that all guests are signed in and are fully responsible for the actions of the guest whilst on the premises.
The executive committee shall assess infringement of these rules or complaints regarding conduct. A proven infringement will result in suspension of membership for a minimum period of one month. Membership will only be reinstated following an appearance before the executive committee.