Minutes – 22nd May 2017

Charity No 267775

 

Minutes of the Capel Community Trust meeting held on 22nd May 2017

 

Present: Mark Browning (chair), Stuart Harris, Julie Gentry, Sandra Bumphrey, Ian Love, David Busby, Mandy Marshall, Jon Bunkell, Richard Morgan

 

Apologies: Iain Bramhill. Jerry Gray, Steve Bishop,

 

12.05.17 Democratic ¼ hour Christian Foxhall, Harry Tynan, Matt Whitley and Harry Prior attended to request a skate park in the village. Stuart reported that Gordon Jones would support the project from his Locality budget. Stuart had measured out a suitable area near the current BMX track. Insurance shouldn’t be a problem. Mark closed by saying that in principal the Trust agreed to having a skate park on the playing field but they would need to work hard to raise the funds and get support. Suggested a stall at fun day or an event in the hall.  

 

Approval of the minutes of the meeting held on 27th March 2017

Proposed: Stuart Harris                          Seconded: Dave Busby                         none against

 

13.05.17 Matters arising

56.11.15c Mark met Gareth at the pavilion on 30th March to discuss the Memorandum of understanding and is waiting for Gareth to rewrite the sections he is not happy with.                                                                                         Mark

66.01.17 Mark has had a Marketing Strategy prepared by a consultant. Agreed this will be looked at in March after the AGM with the business plan. Discussion started.                                                                                                Mark

 68.01.17a We have had 2 people fall outside the building and on inspection the paths around the building are uneven. Suggested that the raised flower beds and crazy paving outside the library are removed and laid with grass. Iain had drawn a plan so we can get some comparable quotes. Ausco and T & L Banks were suggested.                            Iain            

68.01.17b Stuart had a quote for £1100 to remove the large conifer outside the Vine Lounge.  Iris Tatton has agreed to its removal but not to pay.  Stuart had asked Room Outside to quote.  Method statement required.                                    Stuart

68.01.17d Signs need reviewing/replacing. Fastsigns have quoted £4696 + VAT for the suggested signs. Iain gave an outline following the meeting with Fastsigns. Hudson Signs had provided a second quote over £2000 cheaper.       Iain

68.01.17e Function on Saturday stuck tape on the walls.  Agreed £200 to install a painted baton with magnets and washers.  A step of steps to enable hirers to reach the existing baton was suggested but as these would then need a storage space and a risk assessment so agreed that another baton was the best way forward. Installed.               

AOB.2.17b Joan had said that the heaters in the hall were blowing out cold air. Remote was currently in the bar cleaning cupboard but has now been moved to the bracket in the hall.     

05.03.17a Need to send a letter to the Harvest Moon to thank them for their contributions.                         Sandra/Mark

05.03.17b David suggested that the Trust reserve be renamed as Reserve and Project fund. Done.                                 

06.03.17b Discussion had around the Orchard Players steps which the Trust/Assoc use regularly. Agreed that new steps would be purchased once a suitable set is found.                                                                           Iain/Stuart/Ian

06.03.17c Capel Building Services Ltd has quoted £11500 to replace the hall kitchen. Discussion had around what we need. Harvest Moon have been asked if they would sell their kitchen and Dave has also Asked Babergh DC if they would sell theirs when the office closes. Visit to Babergh to be arranged.                                                 Sandra/Mandy

13.05.17 Suggested that a reminder is sent to the membership database asking them to complete the questionnaire. Jon

 

14.05.17 Marketing and Communication – Mark Browning

Nothing to report

 

15.05.17 Fund Raising

Circus on the field - in principal the Trust agreed but confirmation was required that the Trust would get £1 from every ticket sold and whether the car park could be used for the caravans.                                                        Sandra

 

 

16.05.17 Finance & Special Purposes – Ian Love

Ian handed out the figures; we are well ahead on hall hire mainly due to Leap Along.

Little Mix tribute went well, sold 200 tickets but could have more people in the hall. Thank you to be sent to Tracy Sandra

16.05.17b Need confirmation of numbers for standing/seated                                                                              Mandy

The Association rent will be adjusted this month by approx. £900 due to the roller shutters being repaired.

 

Change of signatory - the resolution required is that:

The authorised signatories in the current mandate, for all Trust accounts, are changed as follows:

 REMOVE Keith Bridge and ADD Stuart Harris and the current mandate will continue as amended.                       Ian

 

17.05.17 Property & Assets – Iain Bramhill

Stuart went through the items he has repaired including the light on the front of the hall. Stuart has asked Trevor not to put the old beer down the outside drain. This needs clearing regularly as the shingle falls down it.

 

18.05.17 Community Liaison – Mark Browning

War memorial dedication service will be held on 11th November 2018 in the morning followed by a beacon being lit in the play area in the evening. Agreed to offer the hall and the play area for the events.

 

19.05.17 Community Association

Apple Interiors who have been recommended by Greene King have quoted £30k to refurbish the bar areas. Greene King have agreed to a £10k loan to be repaid by barrelage. Working party on 25th June planned to decorate the Family bar. There have been a few staff changes. Letter has been sent to Orchard Players accepting the bar closures for their summer show.

 

20.05.17 Parish Council – Stuart Harris

No progress on the housing developments – awaiting the result of the general election.

 

21.05.17 Health & Safety

Nothing to report

 

22.05.17 Any Other Business

Agreed to move the October meeting from 23rd to 30th.

Lady wants to use the field and the hall all day for a dog show – agreed to charge the regular hall hire but nothing extra for the field.

New exercise class in the library on a Friday morning.

Lady slipped in the foyer, has completed an accident form and hopefully nothing further will happen.

Door code to be changed from August.                                                                                                               Stuart

Cleaning doesn’t seem to be every bank holiday as there have been a few times when the hall has been dirty. Need to establish when Gifford should be working and adjust if necessary.                                                                       Ian

Mandy jury service from 13th November

New Years Eve party may not be organised by the Association so Mandy can take an outside booking.

Need to sort out payslips for staff.                                                                                                                      Ian

 

Next meeting - Monday 26th June at 8pm in the library

 

Meeting closed at 10.00pm