Minutes – 26th June 2017

Charity No 267775

Minutes from the informal meeting held on Monday 26th June at 8pm in the library

 

Present: Mark Browning (chair), Iain Bramhill, Ian Love, Dave Busby, Richard Morgan, John Webb, Steve Bishop, Jon Bunkell, Julie Laws, Jerry Gray, Sandra Bumphrey

 

Apologies: Mandy Marshall, Stuart Harris

 

Matters arising of the Capel Community Trust meeting held on 27th March 2017

56.11.15c Mark met Gareth at the pavilion on 30th March to discuss the Memorandum of understanding and is waiting for Gareth to rewrite the sections he is not happy with. Now FC have had their AGM need to chase.                                  Mark

 

66.01.17 Mark has had a Marketing Strategy prepared by a consultant. Agreed this will be looked at in March after the AGM with the business plan. Discussion started.                                                                                                Mark

 

 68.01.17a We have had 2 people fall outside the building and on inspection the paths around the building are uneven. Suggested that the raised flower beds and crazy paving outside the library are removed and laid with grass. Iain had drawn a plan so we can get some comparable quotes. Ausco, T & L Banks and Vertas were suggested. Further discussion had around slope from fire exit in library. Quotes required.                                                                    Iain

 

68.01.17b Stuart had a quote for £1100 to remove the large conifer outside the Vine Lounge.  Iris Tatton has agreed to its removal but not to pay.  Stuart had asked Room Outside to quote.  Richard had obtained a quote for £600 + VAT to remove top plus £250 + VAT to remove stump. Need formal quote for Parish Council.                                       Richard

           

68.01.17d Signs need reviewing/replacing. Fastsigns have quoted £4696 + VAT for the suggested signs. Hudson Signs had provided a second quote over £2000 cheaper. Need to send Fastsigns designs to Hudsons.                  Iain/Sandra

 

05.03.17a Need to send a letter to the Harvest Moon to thank them for their contributions. Sent.

 

06.03.17b Discussion had around the Orchard Players steps which the Trust/Assoc use regularly. Agreed that new steps would be purchased once a suitable set is found. Ian to talk to Chris Love.                                                  Ian

 

06.03.17c Capel Building Services Ltd has quoted £11500 to replace the hall kitchen. The kitchen at Babergh might be available for a nominal fee but we would need to remove and bring over. There was enough equipment to potentially equip the hall, bar and pavilion.  Dave will discuss with Babergh and work out what will fit here.                             Dave

 

13.05.17 A reminder was sent to the membership database asking them to complete the kitchen questionnaire.

 

15.05.17 Circus on the field - in principal the Trust agreed but confirmation was required that the Trust would get £1 from every ticket sold and whether the car park could be used for the caravans. Spoken to Days Road Church and they wouldn’t have the circus back. They struggled to get the money, a tap was left on and the shows were not well attended.           

As no replies have been received to emails agreed this wouldn’t go ahead.

 

16.05.17a Need confirmation of numbers for standing/seated for events in the hall. Email sent to Jon.

                                   

16.05.17b Change of signatory - the resolution required is that: The authorised signatories in the current mandate, for all Trust accounts, are changed as follows:  REMOVE Keith Bridge and ADD Stuart Harris and the current mandate will continue as amended. This is hopefully complete.          

 

22.05.17a Door code to be changed from August.                                                                                               Stuart

 

22.05.17b Cleaning doesn’t seem to be every bank holiday as there have been a few times when the hall has been dirty. Need to establish when Gifford should be working and adjust if necessary. Ian had found a contract which says 365 days.

Discussion with Gifford needed so alternative arrangements can be made when necessary.                                  Stuart

                                                                       

Charity No 267775

 

 

 

01.06.17 Any other business:

 

Car park was raised again as Leapalong have cancelled their Wednesday booking although this wasn’t the only reason.

The Methodist church held a Health event on Saturday and Andrew Sankey spoke to Sandra to establish who was using the hall to avoid conflict. Unfortunately this still resulted in the main hirer (Lyndon) being unable to park his car in an official space. Ian offered to discuss with the church leaders.                                                               Ian

 

Pavilion ceiling – there is a blockage in a valley which needs inspecting.                                                  Iain/Stuart

 

Kitchen needs work doing including tiling and kick boards. Mess around the deep fat fryer. Trovex?           Iain/Stuart

 

Library - Jon is going to look at improving the speaker set up for cinema events. Mark suggested that the hall could be used as the cinema is now so popular. Need to look at the costs involved.                                               Ian/Jon

 

Email received from a majorette group asking to hold an event next summer – need more information but agreed could work                                                                                                                                                     Sandra

 

Karaoke – email received by Cabsmart asking to hold a heat in the hall free of charge. Agreed that we could help depending on whether the hall or Vine Lounge was sufficient. Have to be a Monday in the hall or a Tuesday in the Vine Lounge.                                                                                                                                                Sandra/Jon

 

Library sign – the library signs have been upgraded and they have a new finger sign pointing from the car park. The Trust wants to standardise all signs so this will need to fit with the new design.                                                                                            Sandra   

 

Fun day – Excellent day but agreed to review marquees and car parking as well as other items before next year.

Pavilion car park – needs hatch lines by the side gate to advise of emergency access.                                                                     Sandra/Stuart

 

Capelstmary.org.uk to be moved from Gina Tidy - Andrew to apply to move it over.                                  Ian

 

Finance – Ian handed out the figures. Income £41615, expenditure £27621. Hall hire - current monthly average is £1828.Fun day profit was £2480 and was an excellent day thanks to Jon, Tracy, Ruth and team.

 

As the Fun day program looked so good this year it was suggested that a xmas program could be produced showing what the Trust had achieved over the past few years.                                                                                                                                 Sandra

 

Greene King are lending £10000 for the Bar refurbishment and designs are currently being produced.

 

Joint meeting with the Parish Council on 18th July to discuss the S106 money - there is £11k in the pot and £40k is due from the 22 houses currently being built.

 

Meeting arranged with Babergh for 12th July at 4.15pm at the field to discuss the proposed skate park.

 

Boot camp on the playing field – the couple running it are struggling to pay the £20 per hour at the moment and are not happy with the litter, dog poo and other events on the field. Agreed to reduce to £10 p.h. for 3 months and then review.

                                                                                                                                                                                                   Sandra/Mandy

 

In camera session to follow regarding staffing