Minutes – 27th June 2016

Charity No 267775

 

Minutes of Capel Community Trust meeting held on Monday 27th June 2016

Meeting opened at 8.05pm

 

Present: Mark Browning, Stuart Harris, Keith Bridge, Julie Gentry, Ian Love, Steve Bishop, Sandra Bumphrey

 

Members of the public:  none

 

Apologies: Iain Bramhill, Richard Morgan, Mandy Marshall

 

31.06.16 Democratic ¼ hour

 

Approval of the minutes from the meeting held on 25th April 2016

Proposal: that the minutes are a true record of the meeting

Proposed: Ian Love                   Seconded: Keith Bridge                         none against

 

32.06.16 Matters Arising from the Minutes

06.01.15d Legionella report – the water gets checked and recorded but the flushing/descaling of the showers is not. Quotes had been obtained from GES and Nemco for cleaning the tank in the pavilion. Nemco was the cheapest so we are just waiting for a date.         

21.06.15a. Stuart has made some progress with Highways through Gordon Jones and we have had a reply from Bypass. Stuart looked down manhole last week after rain and the water was not flowing. Stuart has contacted the council to find the rules on digging hole. Radio locator required to locate spot to dig a pit. Can Pat Tynan help?                              Stuart

56.11.15c The yellow container on the field is dangerous and it was agreed that now the field is dry it will be removed.                                                                                                                                                                        Stuart

22.04.16a A new form had been given to Andrew for carrying out the play area checks which he is completing with litter info but we also need maintenance issues.                                                                                             Sandra             

 01.03.16 Fire safety training with Paul Rodwell was on 3rd June at 1.30pm and was attended by bar staff, trustees and    employees. 2 CO2 extinguishers have also been purchased from the stage and rear of the hall.

07.03.16 Great discussion was had around the BMX track.  Agreed that as we haven’t the funds for this at present we should get quotes to remove the jumps and use the soil to level the wet area near the A12 gate. It was felt that the BMX track could not be left open so either the fence was replaced or the jumps removed. Tony Gulliver and Steve Prior have small diggers. Quotes required.                                                                                                              Stuart

08.03.16 Teen shelter has been burnt after the dumped sofas were set alight. Stuart estimates that £400 of materials are required to repair and repaint. Gifford has quoted £1750 to repair so agreed to claim through insurance. Keith will review insurance policy next year. Need to look to see if it would be cheaper to replace the shelter.                              Sandra

22.04.16b The piano has been on Freecycle and is awaiting collection by a family from the village.                                          

22.04.16c Agreed to wait until the door is replaced in June to change the door code. New code has been given to hirers.

 Bottle bank – we have received a request from Babergh to move the bottle bank at the hall to a more visible

Location or have it taken away. The bar should not be putting their glass waste in it but have a separate collection.

New rules are currently being implemented. Agreed that the grass in front of the play area is not suitable. Association

 could go from receiving £300 p.a. to paying £182 p.a. We have advised Babergh that we wish it to remain where it is.      

 Stuart says the fire exit in the library has too high a step and isn’t suitable for a wheelchair user. Discussion around replacing the door and the internal one through to the main hall. To go in the 2017 precept.                                                  Ian 

Electrics at field – Stuart has spoken to Ralph Crich. The floodlights need testing and a socket replaced. Deep fat fryer needs to be checked. Ralph to be asked to review the electrics at pavilion and hall.                                              Stuart

 

33.06.16 Marketing and Communication – Mark Browning

Mark apologised for being away so much lately.

 

34.06.16 Fund Raising – Keith Bridge

Village SOS/CAS have provided copies of a support plan and we are waiting for further contact. We’ve submitted a form regarding having a mast on the field as the payment could be over £20,000.

 

35.06.16 Finance & Special Purposes – Ian Love

Ian handed out the figures to date. Income above expenditure at present. £1974 profit from Fun day which is really good. Need to look at licence as we have possibly more than 500 on the field at one time. Complaint received from Bypass Nurseries regarding parking which we need to improve on for next year.

Agreed that some of the Association rent will be paid into the Trust account in cash rather than a cheque to avoid the numbers of transactions that go in and out of the bank account as charges are passed on numbers/types of transactions.

Stuart had bought a new lock for a bollard at the playing field.

 

36.06.16 Property & Assets – Iain Bramhill

Agreed to accept the suggestions made by Iain in his email of 21st June. Discussion had regarding the lighting on the pillars and how we could install a picture rail type thing for items to be hung on/stuck to. Tuesday 12th in the evening or Saturday 16th in the morning suggested for a final discussion with Iain, Ian, Stuart and Trevor.

 

37.06.16 Community Liaison – Mark Browning

Nothing to report

 

38.06.16 Community Association – Steve Bishop

Rent being paid and events are successful at present. Awaiting report from structural engineer to remove the arch in the Family bar. Raised that the bar needs to have an idea of numbers for parties to decide how many bar staff are required. Tables on the Vine lounge stage need to be kept in the foyer.                                                      Mandy 

Sandra reported that Mrs P Naylor had caught her foot on a nail under the Vine Lounge stage which had caused her to trip and break her ankle. The nail has been removed and a discussion was had around the most appropriate way to deal with it. Agreed that flowers would be sent saying ‘Wishing you a speedy recovery from Mandy on behalf of the Trust’.

CAS to be advised.                                                                                                                               Sandra

 

39.06.16 Parish Council – Stuart Harris

Chris Matthews is now chair of the Parish Council. Les Bryant has stepped back for the time being. Mike Hole has been cop opted as a councillor. Babergh held an open day last Monday regarding future housing requirements. 3 developers have showed an interest in new housing on 3 fields in the village.  

 

40.06.16 Health & Safety

Fire risk assessment – training has been carried out and 2 new CO2 extinguishers installed.

Legionella – Sandra is flushing the showers at the pavilion. The tank will be cleaned by Nemco soon.

 

41.06.16 Any Other Business

Agreed that the Library can have a battery recycling pot but it needs to be kept in the library rather than the corridor. Stuart mentioned the computer blocking the fire exit but Sandra advised that the library is getting a wall mounted screen to replace it although no timescale at present.

Mandy and Sandra are both away from 20th - 27th August. Ian will ask Carolyn if she would pick the phone calls up. Ian

 

Premises meeting on Tuesday 26th July in the library if available if not the Vine Lounge.

 

Interim meeting on Tuesday 30th August in the library if available if not the Vine Lounge.

 

Meeting closed at 10.00pm