Minutes – 27th March 2017

Charity No 267775

 

 

Minutes of the Capel Community Trust meeting held on 27th March 2017

 

Official meeting began at 8.20pm after an informal discussion that began at 7pm

Present: Mark Browning (chair), Stuart Harris, Julie Gentry, Sandra Bumphrey, Iain Bramhill, Ian Love, Jerry Gray,

David Busby

 

Apologies: Mandy Marshall, Steve Bishop

 

01.03.17 Democratic ¼ hour no one present

 

Approval of the minutes of the meeting held on 23rd January 2017

Proposed: Stuart Harris                          Seconded: Iain Bramhill                                     none against

 

02.03.17 Matters arising

56.11.15c The Football club has replaced the yellow container on the playing field.  Mark went through the Memorandum of understanding. This has been sent to the football club but they are not happy with the content.  Mark is meeting Gareth at the pavilion on 30th March discuss.                                                                                                                     Mark    

51.09.16 Following the annual inspection it is apparent that Andrew is not checking the equipment thoroughly enough. From this a discussion has been started regarding whether a grounds man would be more appropriate as there are a lot of hedges etc. that needs attending to inc. around the house in Friars who are pursuing a subsidence claim. Stuart/Iain

Iain and Stuart had met with Andrew and discussed what is expected in future. Agreed an ex gratia payment of £300.                                                                                                                                                             

66.01.17 Mark has had a Marketing Strategy prepared by a consultant. Agreed this will be looked at in March after the AGM with the business plan. Discussion started.                                                                                                                                Mark                                                                                                                                                 

68.01.17a We have had 2 people fall outside the building and on inspection the paths around the building are uneven. Suggested that the raised flower beds and crazy paving outside the library are removed and laid with grass. Agreed that a plan is required then we can get another comparable quote.                                                                                                            Iain

68.01.17b Stuart had a quote for £1100 to remove the large conifer outside the Vine Lounge.  Iris Tatton has agreed to its removal but not to pay.  Stuart had asked Room Outside to quote.  Method statement required.                          Stuart

68.01.17c Stuart has carried out some maintenance at the pavilion. One of the changing room doors may need to be replaced. Self closing gate at play area needs replacing – quote required from Ben for installation.                              Stuart

68.01.17d Signs need reviewing/replacing. Fastsigns have looked round the sites but have not sent a quote as yet. Iain gave an outline of what we required. Dave suggested speaking to Tom Wright at Hudson Signs.                                   Sandra

68.01.17e Function on Saturday stuck sellotape on walls. Mandy has amended the wording in the contract and there is now a list of do/don’ts in the hall. Mandy thought a lower baton would be useful.  Agreed £200 to install a painted baton with magnets and washers.                                                                                                                                                                            Stuart

68.01.17f Hall car park is being used by non hall users when there are functions on in the hall – letter has been in Capel Capers and sent to the Methodist Church. Suggested that users can park at pavilion. This is still an issue on a Wednesday morning when Toddlers are in the church and Leapalong in the hall.

72.01.17 Vine Lounge door needs new hinges. Replaced in February by B Harris.

AOB.2.17a The library has obtained a quote for a new desk but need to raise the funds. Need to ask for the Self service screen to be removed from in front of the fire exit at the same time. Library manager advised.                                          

AOB.2.17b Joan had said that the heaters in the hall were blowing out cold air. Remote is currently in the bar cleaning cupboard but needs to be moved to somewhere more appropriate.                                                          Iain/Stuart

AOB.2 17c The 2 roller shutters in the Vine Lounge are not working properly. Stuart has spoken to the manufacturer and the costs will be £900 to repair or £1000 each to replace. Agreed to spend £900 to supply and fit both shutters. Stuart

AOB.2.17d Tennis courts – suggestion made that one net could be removed in the winter so that footballers and tennis players could both play without the nets being damaged. This will be removed in October.

                       

 

 

03.03.17 Marketing and Communication – Mark Browning

Nothing to add to earlier discussion.

 

04.03.17 Fund Raising

Jerry agreed to take on the role as Fund Raising trustee.

 

05.03.17 Finance & Special Purposes – Ian Love

Ian handed out figures and a graph which showed that the Trust is in a better position than at any time in the past 5 years.

Now the hall is more attractive how can the hall hire be increased?

Need to send a letter to the Harvest Moon to thank them for their contributions over the last 3 years.                     Mark

David suggested that the Trust reserve be renamed as Reserve and Project fund.                                                Ian

Trevor is now VAT registered so agreed that the invoice for the stage refurbishment will come from the Parish Council.

Need to confirm what Trevor has included within his £1400. The stage ceiling would benefit from being skimmed. Iain

 

06.03.17 Property & Assets – Iain Bramhill

Stuart went through the maintenance he had carried out.

Need to ask Chris Dean to have a look at the hall curtains as they are not meeting in the middle.              Sandra

Stuart has installed the new urn which cost £280 + VAT. This one has a filter so will hopefully not get so scaled up.

Discussion had around the Orchard Players steps which the Trust/Assoc use regularly. Risk assessment needed to agree a way forward.                                                                                                                                         Iain/Stuart/Ian

Capel Building Services Ltd has quoted £11500 to replace the hall kitchen. Discussion had around what we need.

Could ask Harvest Moon what the plans are for their kitchen when they close. Further discussion required.

 

07.03.17 Community Liaison – Mark Browning

Discussed earlier

 

08.03.17 Community Association

 Greene King have offered to lend £25k to cover the bar refurbishment.

 

09.03.17 Parish Council – Stuart Harris

The village planning applications have not progressed any further.

 

10.03.17 Health & Safety

Fire extinguishers have been tested.

 

11.03.17 Any Other Business

Employees annual holiday entitlement to be recorded. Andrew’s son to record his hours and submit an invoice when Andrew is away.

Fun day 10th June – all required to help if possible.

 

Next meeting- Informal on Monday 24th April at 8pm in the library

Meeting closed at 10.12pm