Minutes – 30th August 2016

Charity No 267775


Minutes of the informal Capel Community Trust meeting held on 30th August 2016


Present: Mark Browning, Stuart Harris, Julie Gentry, Sandra Bumphrey, Iain Bramhill, Richard Morgan, Mandy Marshall

Apologies: Keith Bridge, Ian Love


Matters arising

21.06.15a. Patrick had obtained a camera so he and Stuart have been able to look down the manholes.AWA have been contacted as they are taking back the responsibility for pumping stations. Highways have been asked to clear the ditch. An electric pump has been suggested and Stuart will look into this if necessary.

56.11.15c The Football club are arranging for the yellow container to be removed and a new longer one installed for a cost of £1200 which will be funded by the Football Club. Mark would like to draw up a memorandum of understanding once the new container is in place.                                                                                                                     Mark

Andrew Vellacott to be asked if he can flatten the ground and trim the hedges before the container is delivered.             Stuart

07.03.16 BMX track - greed that as we haven’t the funds for this at present we should get quotes to remove the jumps and use the soil to level the wet area near the A12 gate. It was felt that the BMX track could not be left open so either the fence was replaced or the jumps removed. Tony Gulliver and Steve Prior have small diggers. Quotes required.                   Stuart

Electrics at field – Stuart has spoken to Ralph Crich. The floodlights need testing and a socket replaced. Deep fat fryer needs to be checked. To be carried out on 29th July. A quote has been received to address all the issues and Ian has agreed these can be carried out.                                               

38.06.16b Sandra reported that Mrs P Naylor had caught her foot on a nail under the Vine Lounge stage which had caused her to trip and break her ankle. A claim is being made and we are awaiting further contact from Zurich. Chased 12/9/16                                                                                                                                                 Sandra

01.07.16a There was no trustee at the July Association meeting. Mark and Stuart will attend in September                       

01.07.16b. We owe £1600 to Scottish Power for the hall electric. Agreed to clear the balance and set a new amount for the direct debit. Ian will deal with this in due course and Scottish Power will adjust the direct debit if they think we are too far behind.                                                                                                                                      

01.07.16c Agreed that a thank you should go to Mark Ward for supplying the meat for the fun day BBQ. Suggested that he should be added as a main sponsor.                                                                                                             Mark

01.07.16dThe push valve on one of the showers and an extractor fan need replacing at the pavilion          Stuart

01.08.16a Suggested date for the Trust/Parish Council meeting – Tuesday 18th October in the library at 8pm. Ian and Mark to attend along with as many other Trustees as are available. Business plan to be updated.              Iain/Mark


Any other business

There has been a delay but the hedge around the playing field and play area should be finished on 14th September.

The urn in the hall kitchen is being temperamental and Stuart agreed to have a look at and descale.

The new hall curtains are being fitted on September 7th. The scaffold tower will need to be up ready for this.

01.08.16b Spots were suggested for the bottoms of the tables and chairs so they do not mark the floor.    Sandra/Julie

There are a few jobs for Trevor to finish in the hall but the majority of the work is complete. Agreed that Trevor could be paid £5000 from the Parish Council Hall fund so that he could pay his bills. The stage ceiling still needs to be painted.

Unfortunately the Barn dance has had to be cancelled and a discussion was had around advertising events in and out of the village.

Julie suggested that Brandon from Tattingstone garden centre could be asked to carry out hedge trimming etc. if Graham is busy.

A hornbeam tree is to be planted in memory of Clive Amoss between the bus stop and the Co op car park.

Agreed to get quotes to clean the solar panels from James Youpa 07500 702059 and the existing window cleaner.

Hydrogleam who clean the hall windows for £60 agreed to clean the solar panels at a £1 each (40 panels).

01.08.16c Agreed to put ‘no ball signs’ up in the hall. Agreed to purchase a notice board to go on the side wall.      Iain

Discussion had around improvements for the kitchen and whether we could just upgrade the existing or need a commercial kitchen.

Agreed that when funds allow we will purchase 12 round tables for the hall but keep the existing ones dependent on the function.

Next meeting Monday 26th September at 8pm in the library